SHARE: FacebookTwitterLinkedinPinterestGoogle+tumblrEmailThere is a lasting feeling of sorrow and loss for a firefighter after responding to a scene of destruction. That’s why the West Columbia Fire Department makes every effort possible to prevent each and every fire. “I cannot describe how it feel...
A storm knocked out power in a community in Kansas. A family not aware of the dangers of a portable generator, placed it in attached garage and closed the door. The family was hospitalized but thankful to be back home. #beCOsafe #travelCOsafe ... See MoreSee Less
OLATHE, Kan. -- It only took five minutes. One family from Johnson County says they used a portable generator when they lost power in this weekend's storms, and family became sick with carbon monoxide poisoning. That family back home after a stay in a local hospital. It was an afternoon of terror. T...
This story is an example of the importance of #carbonmonoxide alarms in apartments with a CO source. Two lives were saved because the home was equipped with CO alarm. #beCOsafe #travelCOsafe ... See MoreSee Less
#KnowAboutCO Known as the “silent killer,” carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas, but one of the leading causes of unintentional poisoning deaths in the US. When traveling, #COSafety needs to be a priority as there’s no guarantee a vacation rental or hotel room is equipped with a CO alarm.
To be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win a RemoteLync™ Wifi Camera, Wireless Camera for Smart Home, let us know in the comments below (using the hashtag #KiddeSummerSafety) how you practice #COSafety during the summer, or year-round! See rules for details: bit.ly/KiddeSummerSafetyOfficialRules.
#Carbonmonoxide leak in a New York City apartment building building and 32 people taken to area hospitals. The source was reported to be a defective boiler in the basement. Employees on the first floor and basement passed out prompting emergency call. From reading other reports, a carbon monoxide detector was not in the building. #beCOsafe #travelCOsafe
Edit: other reports say 34 sent to hospitals. Also the market manager carried 6 unconscious victims from the basement. Lives were saved because he recognized CO symptoms. ... See MoreSee Less
FARGO—An ambulance took a 9-year-old girl to the hospital after she got sick from carbon monoxide at a Fargo hotel pool on Monday morning.Police say at least 10 other people also felt sick from high gas levels at La Quinta Inn off of 46th Street South.They sought their own medical attention.Fire cr...
Diane WoodsThis is so scary. People please buy a Carbon Monoxide Alarm and put it in your suitcase when you travel, no matter where you go. Easy way to save your life. Thank you Jeannie for all you do.6 · 4 weeks ago
Last summer, Raven Little-White was sitting on the back deck of a boat while it idled. She slipped into the lake and drowned. After her funeral, toxicology report showed #carbonmonoxide was her cause of death. Be safe while boating. Wear a life vest too. #beCOsafe #travelCOsafe ... See MoreSee Less
The Junior Welfare League truly serves our community. Read below how they awarded other organizations and agencies at their annual Spring Dinner. Also, the 2017 Gobble Wobble will benefit 3 agencies. Thank you again ladies! ❤️ ... See MoreSee Less
Rock Hill, SC, May 23, 2017- Four local nonprofit organizations received funds totaling $66,239.80 from the Junior Welfare League, Inc. at its Spring Dinner on Thursday, May 18, 2017. The Spring Dinner is an annual event held by Active, Sustaining and Provisional members of the League to celebrate a year of successful fundraising and service. Eleven new Provisional members were also approved for Active membership at the event, which was held at The Gettys Center.
Gobble Wobble Chair Brenda Dannelly presented funds totaling $57,865.00 to The Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation. The funds will support a county-wide effort to make residents and emergency responders safer and more aware of carbon monoxide (CO). This plan aims to provide the 18 fire departments in York County with 2,000 CO alarms to install in residential homes, 45 portable always-on monitors for York County first responders and 27 hand-held CO fingertip diagnostic monitors for EMS departments.
Money raised at the League’s Twice Is Nice boutique and JWL Brunch Boutique event were awarded to Tender Heart Ministries and Hospice. Julia Rogers, General Fundraising Chair, presented the $3000.00 grant to Tender Heart Ministries and Tara Park, Twice Is Nice Chair, presented the $2000.00 grant to Hospice.
Shannon Martin, 2017-2018 Gobble Wobble Chair, announced that funds raised during the 2017 Gobble Wobble will benefit 3 agencies: York County Council on Aging, Rock Hill Parks Foundation and Pilgrim’s Inn.
Officers who served on the 2016-2017 JWL Executive Board are Susan Miskelly (Past President), Clair Britt (President), Nicole Flippin (Vice President), Kelly Gedert (Director of Finance), Gina Rogers (Treasurer), Katie Vogel (Corresponding Secretary), and Lacey Ngo (Recording Secretary).
We are so honored and grateful to receive the Junior Welfare League large grant for $57,683! Thank you ladies, race sponsors and runners/walkers and all who made the 2016 #jwlgobblewobble such a success. Your commitment to help York County #beCOsafe is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ❤ ... See MoreSee Less