Our Inspiration, Our Mission

Their story could be anyone’s story.

Jeffrey & Jeannie

Jeannie & Jeffrey Lee Williams

Eleven year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams loved his family and friends, loved technology, and loved helping people. In June of 2013, Jeffrey and his mother Jeannie were on an overnight visit out of town. It wasn’t a long drive from home, but Jeffrey loved staying at hotels – especially hotels with pools. They found a place, but it was late when they arrived. They settled in and started getting ready for bed.

In less than an hour, they were both overcome by silent, odorless, deadly carbon monoxide fumes. Jeannie was discovered the next morning, barely alive, after having been unconscious on the bathroom floor for more than fourteen hours. Jeffrey did not survive.

The room did not have a functioning carbon monoxide detector – a simple device, available for around $20 at any hardware or home improvement store.

The Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization with a singular mission: to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. It’s that simple. No one should get sick from carbon monoxide poisoning. No one should die from carbon monoxide poisoning. As long as there are carbon monoxide detectors and places to put them, tragedies like the one experienced by the Williams family can be avoided.

“Losing Jeffrey was not just a loss for our family. A bright, beautiful light that should have been shining in this world for years and years to come, went out that night in the hotel room. Our family’s pain is deep, and our grief will be with us and our community forever. But Jeffrey was always after information. He loved nothing more than to learn something and share it with others. This foundation and our efforts to educate the public about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning are exactly what Jeffrey would have wanted. His death didn’t have to happen, but if we can save just one life with our message, then something positive will have come out of this tragedy.” – Jeannie Williams

Give – To Save Lives

Our mission is ambitious, we know.

We want to help prevent exposure to carbon monoxide poisoning – in every indoor space for every person. No one should experience the kind of tragedy that the Williams family did or that so many other people, whose stories we will never know, have also suffered. This must stop.

Think about how vulnerable you and your loved ones (even pets!) are to this silent, odorless, colorless gas. A properly installed, functioning carbon monoxide detector could be the saving grace for us all.

We’re in the early stages of establishing our foundation and creating a searchable registry of hotels and other public spaces that are in compliance with carbon monoxide detection safety guidelines. Please fill out the contact us form below and let us know if you’d like to be added to our mailing list, or if you’d like to help in some way. Thank you!

Donate Now

Support Our Cause!

It’s going to take a generous amount of money and plenty of helping hands to get our message across.

Donate Now

Volunteer – To Make a Difference

In order to raise awareness about the issue of CO poisoning, and to push for changes that will help keep everyone’s loved ones safe, we’ll need all kinds of help. You can make a financial contribution on our GIVE page, and/or you can sign up to support our cause through your generous gifts of time and energy.

Inquire Now

Resources

The Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation is not alone in its mission to educate the public
about the dangers of CO poisoning.

We thank the government agencies and other citizen-funded groups for the work they do.

News

Posts from Facebook

Pamela Welch, Sherri Archie and 23 others like this

View previous comments

Craig CurtisJeannie--did you notice the pic behind you??? Just pointing out the irony...1   ·  3 weeks ago

Jeffrey Lee Williams FoundationOh yes I did Craig Curtis! Spotted it soon as we walked in the door. Poor gator... If you are ever in the Columbia area, please visit Firehouse Subs. Wonderful franchise.3 weeks ago

Arlene Han!!!! :)3 weeks ago

Kathy Creech LinderWe love firehouse Jeannie! We have one here in ft collins!3 weeks ago

Jeanne LloydLove Firehouse Subs!!2 weeks ago

Comment on Facebook

Reach Out to Us

The Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation
P.O. Box 36792
Rock Hill, SC 29732

Email: info@jeffreysfoundation.org

Support Our Cause!

Donate Now